Beertender & Retail Sales
Full Time Position, Must be able to work weekends.
TeKu Tavern is a boutique craft beverage shop and beer bar located in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle, WA. The business aims to provide an unmatched selection of the highest quality craft beverages and an educational and social atmosphere in which to enjoy them.
TeKu Tavern guides itself off of the following values:
- Take care of the beer – We strive to provide the highest quality beverage experience possible. From the products we select to the care with which we handle them and the service with which we deliver them, quality is our first priority.
- Foster community – Beer has brought people together from the beginning of civilization. We will continue this tradition by creating an environment that fosters a sense of community.
- Provide a stellar beer experience – We believe that craft beer is not a commodity; it is an experience. We will create an unmatched experience for our customers through education, a focus on quality, and advocating for the craft beer community.
- Invest in our people – We do not simply sell beer, we create a beverage experience. Our people are our product. In return for their industry leading expertise, we provide our teammates with industry leading benefits, education, and avenues for career development.
- Advance the business – We are not interested in short term profits or ROI, but rather long-term success and industry leadership. We want to be industry leaders; therefore, we will focus our efforts on growth and continuous improvement.
- Don’t be pretentious – We love craft beer, and strive to be craft beer evangelists. We also understand that, to many, our enthusiasm can make us seem pretentious or intimidating. We will be self-aware and strive to create an environment that is welcoming and enjoyable to the experienced beer connoisseur and beer novice alike.
- Assist customers in choosing beers, ciders, meads, & wines from our constantly rotating selections of beverages on tap or to go from the bottle selection. Make recommendations based on the customer's’ individual preference of flavor profiles.
- Pour beverages according to cicerone guidelines
- Respond to and practice responsible serving of alcoholic beverages
- Maintain neat, clean, and organized bar
- Clean glasses and bar equipment
- Clear and clean tables
- Perform correct monetary transactions
- Clean keg lines
- Change and Tap kegs
- Stock retail items, face product, and maintain accurate price tags
- Accurately ring up sales in the point of sales system
- Clean bathrooms, sweep/mop/dust retail areas, and clean other areas as noted
- Perform weekly inventory of bottles and other items
- Promote the overall beer experience
- Passion for craft beer and other craft beverages with a focus on quality
- Outgoing personality with a focus on excellent customer service
- Strong knowledge of beer styles and flavor profiles
- Ability to multi-task and assist multiple customers during busy times, with a focus on the overall customer experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds over your head, and 150 pounds deadlift
- Previous sales and/or retail experience
- Homebrewer and/or other beer industry experience
- Certified Cicerone or BJCP judge
- Washington State Alcohol Serves Permit (can be obtained)
- King County Department of Health Food Handlers Permit (can be obtained upon employment)
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server (can be obtained upon employment)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hourly Rate $15/hour + Pooled Tips
- Vacation & Sick Time
Please send your resume along with 1-3 sentences answers to the following questions to Info@tekutavern.beer
- What is your favorite beer style and why?
- What is your least favorite beer style and why?
- What is your favorite(s) craft brewery(s), and why?
- What’s your all time favorite beer? Describe why it’s the best beer you’ve ever had.
- What beer style or beer(s) are missing or under-appreciated in the Seattle and NW market and why do you think that?
- Do you have the cicerone beer server certification or higher?
- What can you bring to the TeKu team? Special skills, experience, education, etc.?
- Why do you want to work at TeKu Tavern?